POSHAN Abhiyaan 2023 is a multi-ministerial convergence mission to ensure the achievement of malnutrition-free India by the end of 2023. Poshan Abhiyaan is a national level initiative run by the Government of India that aims to improve the standards of nutrition for children and women. Under this many schemes in different states of India to spread awareness for healthy diets for children and women.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023
Poshan Abhiyaan’s objective is to ensure overall development and adequate nutrition for pregnant women, mothers and children. Check complete information about Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Theme, App download, login objectives etc. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had approved National Nutrition Mission (Poshan Abhiyaan 2023) with an amount of Rs 9046.17 crore in 2017-18.
The Government of India has launched an ambitious national program to improve the health and nutritional status of children aged 0 to 06 years and pregnant and lactating mothers in a time-bound manner. Under the National Nutrition Mission, targets have been set for the next 03 years to remove malnutrition in a phased manner.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Overview
|Mission||National Nutrition Mission|
|Launched By||Narendra Modi|
|Launch on||8th March 2018|
|Beneficiary||Women & Children|
|Theme||‘’Suposhit Bharat, Sakshar Bharat, Sashakt Bharat’’|
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Theme
The theme of Nutrition Fortnight 2023 is – “Nutrition for All: Together, Towards a Healthier India.” With 2023 being declared as the International Year of Millets, the focus of this year’s Poshan Pakhwada is to recognize ‘Shri Anna’ – known as the mother of all grains – as a valuable asset to address malnutrition. Suposhit Bharat, Sakshar Bharat, Sashakt Bharat is the theme for Poshan Abhiyaan 2023.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Objectives
- To prevent undernutrition of children aged 0 to 6 years and to reduce it by a total of 6 percent, at the rate of 2% per year.
- To reduce the prevalence of anemia in children aged 6 to 59 months by 9 percent overall, at the rate of 3% per year.
- To reduce the prevalence of anemia among adolescent girls aged 15 to 49 years, pregnant and lactating mothers by a total of 9 percent, at the rate of 3% per year.
- To reduce the number of children born with low birth weight by 6 percent at the rate of 2% per year.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Login
The Poshan Abhiyaan app is very easy to use. For this follow the following steps:
Step 1: First of all, you have to open Google Play Store in your mobile phone.
Step 2: After this, you have to type “Poshan Abhiyaan” in the search bar.
Step 3: Now you will see the option to download the app. You can install the app in your mobile phone
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 Features
- National Nutrition Mission will monitor, supervise, target and guide the nutrition interventions of the ministries.
- Encouraging Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) to use IT based tools
- It aims to reduce the level of under-nutrition
- It also targets stunting, under-nutrition, anemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls) and low birth rates.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2023 App download
The Government’s POSHAN Abhiyaan is India’s flagship program to improve nutrition outcomes for children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers through a targeted approach and convergence of technology. If you also want to know more about Poshan Abhiyaan App and want to download it, then you can easily download it from Google Play Store.
FAQs related to Poshan Abhiyaan 2023
What is the theme of Poshan Abhiyaan 2023?
Suposhit Bharat, Sakshar Bharat, Sashakt Bharat
What is the target year of Poshan Abhiyaan?
Visit Home page of northmcd.com for latest update.