Biotechnology is a combination of biology and Technology. Biotechnology even studies living organisms’ genetic manipulation to produce antibiotics, hormones, etc. And Bangalore is known to be land of recognized & world-class jobs. Thus, there are multiple biotechnology jobs in Bangalore available and have an immense career scope.
Besides that, Biotechnology is a 4-year course to pursue after 12th in the science stream with Biology from any recognized board or equivalent. Biotechnology is an innovative branch of science that is popular among youngsters and is a vast field.
Most interestingly, Biotechnology jobs in Bangalore for freshers offer high wages and good benefits. Students who choose biotechnology can rest assured as they can find a job that is high paying. In the coming years, it will be a survival tool with the increase of pandemics and lethal diseases. Therefore, Biotechnology has a significant role.
Top 5 institutions of Biotechnology in Bangalore
1) M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
M.S. Ramaiah institute of technology is affiliated with Visvesvaraya technology University. It provides quality education and is ISO certified and a member of ISTE.
In addition, this institution was established in 1962. It offers BSc Hons and M.Sc. in Biotechnology. The cost of a three-year, undergraduate degree is INR 4.20 lakhs.
2) Bangalore University
Bangalore University is a government college established in the year 1964. Around 600+ colleges are affiliated with Bangalore University. It is recognized by UGC and NAAC A grade accredited.
It provides B.Sc. in Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and Biochemistry and more courses. Through campus drives conducted by the college, young talents can get biotechnology jobs for freshers in Bangalore. Lastly, to study here, you need to pay INR 37,640 for a 2-year course.
3) PES University
PES University is a private college that offers B.Tech in biotechnology courses. It is a four-year course. PES is a UGC recognized university and NAAC A grade accredited educational institute.
The department of biotechnology provides specializations like Medical and environmental Biotechnology, process engineering, and Computational Biology, etc.
4) Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering was founded by Shri R Dayananda Sagar which was established in 197 and is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University.
It is a private institute and is best known for biotechnology courses in Bangalore. Both BE and B.Sc. biotechnology courses are available at DSCE college. Finally, the cost of college tuition is Rs. 3.48 lakh for a B.Sc. and Rs. 2.24 lakh for an M.Sc.
5) Christ University
Christ Deemed to be University is well known for its Biotechnology course. It offers both B.Sc. and M.Sc. in the biotech stream. It is UGC registered and NACC A grade accredited college. The fees to pursue biotechnology at Christ University is around 3 lakhs for three years.
Eligibility for getting biotechnology jobs in Bangalore
The eligibility criteria for getting biotechnology fresher jobs in Bangalore change based on job roles and company requirements. However, any organization expects a minimum qualification along with skills to hire a person in their company.
- The first and foremost eligibility to get biotechnology jobs in Bangalore is you must have a minimum of 45% marks in class 12. Also, biology as a core subject from the authorized Board.
- After that understand the Biotechnology course and specializations in that field. Pick the courses and college of your choice.
- Later complete your graduation with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Also focus on improving your skills in your core subject.
- Post-graduation is not required for all types of jobs in biotechnology, but for a few reputed companies. According to their requirements post-graduation is also mandatory.
- Prepare a Resume in a unique way and in that add your internship details also.
- After finishing graduation or post graduation attend interviews.
- By clearing all rounds in the interview, you will be able to get into MSc biotechnology jobs in Bangalore.
- If you are having post-graduation, then it might be an added advantage over others.
Highly paid Job roles for Biotechnology in Bangalore
Biotechnology is a rapidly growing profession, here is the list of decently paid jobs for MSc biotechnology in Bangalore.
- Research Associate
- Quality Microbiologist
- Chief Executive officer
- Research associate
- Associate research
- Junior Project Manager
- Research Scientist
- Clinical research associate
Read more about BTech Biotechnology Jobs and Salary
How to apply for biotechnology jobs in Bengaluru?
There are always openings for biotechnology jobs in Bangalore. All you need to do is make proper research and apply for the job.
- After passing class 12 with a minimum percentage of marks, search for a good Biotechnology college.
- It is also important to know about the course before joining.
- Next, complete your graduation with a minimum of 60% marks.
- If you want, you can go for higher studies or you can apply for a job with a graduation certificate.
- Applying for the job involves some simple steps.
- Prepare a proper resume and add your skills and internship details to that resume.
- Before attending an interview understand the job role and get some basic information about the organization.
- After clearing all the levels in the interview, you will be able to get top biotechnology jobs in Bengaluru.
Read more about: Top Biotechnology Jobs in Kerala
Best Companies for Biotechnology Jobs in Bengaluru
Many companies offer different jobs in the biotechnology field. Even jobs for biotechnology freshers in Bangalore are offered by many companies. Below is the list of those companies.
|Stellixir biotech Pvt ltd||Research Assistant||2.6L to 4.9 LPA|
|Apotex Research Private Limited||Microbiologist||4 to 6.5 LPA|
|Hawkins Labs||Biotechnology Research Scientist||5 to 10 LPA|
|I Skill Solutions||Medical coding||3 to 5 LPA|
|Syngene||Associate Scientist||8 to 11 LPA|
Average Salary Stats
Biotechnology jobs in Bangalore salary is listed below. The average package changes based on many factors. The changes may be due to experience, skills, level of education, and company policy. Thus, let’s have a look.
|Level of Experience||Average package|
|Fresher||INR 3 to 4 LPA|
|Semi-Experienced||INR 4 to 5.5 LPA|
|Experienced||INR 5.5 to 7 LPA|
|Highly Experienced||INR 10 LPA|
Read more about: Top 10 Biotechnology Jobs in Canada
I hope this article helps you in bringing your knowledge about biotechnology jobs in Bangalore. Given the wide range of job options, it is a wise decision to pursue a career in biotechnology. The employment prospects may expand in the near future because this is a young and emerging field.
The majority of the topics covered in a B.Sc. biotechnology honours course pertains to the field of biotechnology. However, if you choose to major in B.Tech biotechnology, you will be exposed to several engineering fields. But that doesn’t mean that a B.Sc. in biotechnology is less valuable than another degree.