In July 2019, an unauthorized hacker obtained access to 106 million applicants’ and Capital One Class Action Settlement credit card users’ personal data in the US and Canada. Millions of people were concerned about the security of their personal data due to the significant breach. Payments are scheduled to start on September 28, 2023, however, the settlement administrator claims that the process has already started. Click the “Claim Payment” link in any “EpiqPay” email to get your funds website is capitalonesettlement.com/. But bear in mind that November 27, 2023, is the deadline.
Capital One Class Action Settlement
Regarding a data breach that Capital One disclosed in July 2019 (the “Data Breach”), a class action settlement has been proposed against Amazon.com, Inc. and Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“Amazon”) as well as against Capital One Financial Corporation, Capital One Class Action Settlement, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (“Capital One”). Benefits from the proposed Settlement will be available to you if you are a member of the Settlement Class. The proposed Settlement necessitates that Capital One create a $190 million Settlement Fund in addition to other benefits.
|Settlement Name||Capital One Class Action Settlement|
|Start date||28th September 2023|
|Last Date||November 27, 2023|
Claimants will get letters from Tremendous, the payment partner of the settlement website, along with correspondence from EpiqPay, clarifying the status of their payment. The settlement website states that two to four weeks after the deadline for claiming the digital payment ends on November 27, 2023, unclaimed digital payments will be distributed as physical checks. Go to the Capital One class action settlement website https://www.capitalonesettlement.com/ for further details.
How Do I file a claim in the Capital One settlement?
On the website of the class-action settlement, you may file online. You will need the Unique ID and PIN that are printed on the notification that you got through email or mail from Capital One, in addition to thorough supporting documents such as bills, bank statements, canceled checks, and receipts. (If you never got one or misplaced your notification, call the settlement administrator at 855-604-1811.) Payments are scheduled to start on September 28, 2023, however, the settlement administrator claims that the process has already started.
Click the “Claim Payment” link in any “EpiqPay” email to get your funds. But remember, as stated on the settlement page, that the deadline is November 27, 2023. You may choose your preferred payment method on a payment dashboard that appears after clicking the link. Depending on what you choose, you may need to provide a few extra details in order to speed up the payment process.
Who Qualifies for money in the Capital One settlement?
According to Capital One, which said that it sent letters and received emails from members whose Social Security information or bank account details were compromised in the theft, almost 98 million applicants and cardholders are qualified to submit a claim.
You may get help by calling the settlement administrator at 855-604-1811 if you think you qualify but did not get a notification.
How Much can I receive from the Capital One settlement?
- Class members may recover up to $25,000 for lost time and breach-related expenses, including fraud charges, identity theft prevention costs, and data security fees.
- Up to 15 hours of lost time spent resolving the problem may be claimed at $25 per hour.
- The settlement includes three years of free Pango Group identity protection, including identity monitoring, lost wallet protection, security freeze, dark-web monitoring, account restoration, and $1 million in identity theft and fraud insurance.
Capital One Class Action Settlement relief
The Settlement relief includes:
- Cash Payment for Out-of-Pocket Losses
- Cash Payment for Lost Time
- Identity Defense Services
- Restoration Services
- Capital One Business Practice Changes
When will I receive my payment?
Although the settlement received final approval on September 8, the distribution procedure might yet be slowed out by appeals.
A FAQ on the settlement page states, “This may take several months or more.”
Claimants will be informed by the settlement administrator of the payment schedule. Depending on the method chosen, payments will be made by paper check or direct deposit.
Capital One Settlement Administrator
The settlement administrator requires Capital One to create a $190 million settlement fund. Settlement funds will:
- Pay out-of-pocket losses and time with cash;
- Purchase identity defense and restoration services for all settlement class members, regardless of claim status.
- Pay settlement class notification and administration fees;
- Pay court-approved service rewards to settlement class representatives and other deposed class members;
- Pay court-approved lawyers’ fees, charges, and expenses.
Go to Rajneetpg2022 Homepage To get Relevant Updates.